Temporary Inactivation of Vehicles – Insurance

1 Personal Identification Document (DPI) of the Legal Representative (if you do not have it see special cases).
2   Passport in case of a foreign person.
3 Appointment of the Legal Representative and photocopy or certified copy.
4 Form SAT-0452, Sworn Statement for Inactivation and/or Activation of Land Vehicles and photocopy, which must be signed by the Legal Representative.
5 You must be solvent and updated on Vehicle Circulation Tax until the current year.
Steps to follow

Go to an Agency or Tax Office with the requirements and payments made.

What do I get?

Photocopy of SAT-452 Form signed and sealed.
Deployed pages of vehicles (without cost) or Certification of upward trend (If requested).

Special Cases

1. If you do not have the Personal Identification Document (DPI), attach the document issued by RENAP, certifying the process for the obtainment of this document, provided that, the Unique Identification Code (CUI) is displayed, with or without photography.

2. In case of a Certification of upward trend, you must pay SAT-8028 Form (Declaraguate) the amount of Q30.00.
3. Annual payment of the Vehicle Circulation Tax by means of the form SAT-4091 (Declaraguate).

Offices or Agencies for
perform the procedure

Central Region

  • Galerías Prima
  • Plaza San Rafael
  • Pacific Villa Hermosa
  • Chimaltenango
  • El Progreso
  • Sacatepéquez

Procedure for authorized third parties:

  • Plaza San Rafael (Anexo)

Western Region

  • Quetzaltenango
  • Huehuetenango
  • San Marcos
  • Quiche
  • Sololá
  • Totonicapán

Northeast Region

  • Zacapa
  • Baja Verapaz
  • Alta Verapaz
  • Jalapa
  • Petén
  • Izabal
  • Chiquimula

Southern Region

  • Escuintla
  • Retalhuleu
  • Jutiapa
  • Santa Rosa
  • Suchitepéquez